Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jackpot

Funny what that word means to some people.

Me? This week's edition anyway...

1. I found Puffs tissues in purse packs again. They were discontinued for awhile while they redesigned the packaging I guess. They are back and better than ever. Still the same SOFT tissue just new packaging that is similar to the Kleenex ones. I think all the tissues that have been donated are wonderful but if you ask me which ones are the softest, PUFFS would win!!! Trust me, I would know. I still have skin under my eyes damaged from crying so many tears...

2. I found Latex free kid bandaids at Target today. They had several different designs that all made my own kids go over the moon! Whahoo! Did you know that kid bandaids are not in the current budget at Jeremy's hospital? We all know what a difference those character bandaids can make when you have an "OWHWIE" (Have you ever struggled to put letters to a word that your kids made up? Don't laugh, I gave this word my best effort.) Well, donating these character and/or kid themed bandaids is just one of the small things that our sunbeams do to make a big difference in the hearts of sick children at the hospital. Rays of Sunshine Foundation couldn't be prouder of our SUNBEAMS!!! The R family are all coming to mind since they have donated quite a few boxes regularly for a few months now. By the way I never know if I have permission to share names here on this blog, so that is why I use initials. Anyway...after our last LARGE donation of bandaids to the PICU, it was brought to my attention that they would also appreciate latex free boxes of bandages too. Well these are a little harder to find but alas they were indeed found!!!

3. Walmart is now stocked with my very favorite nail polish in my very favorite color. What brand you ask? Essie. What color? Sugar Daddy. ( I did not name the polish, I just wear it.) It doesn't come off as easily as some of the other brands for some reason, at least on my nails. Then again, I wash my hands A LOT, Especially this time of year.

4. I have much to be thankful for in this life. Amen. My heart is heavy for others who are facing a hard time right now for various reasons. My prayers are with them tonight and always.

No comments: