Friday, January 21, 2011

Recipes and Opportunities

I meant to post some thoughts about my day yesterday but then...
a certain young fellow had difficulty falling asleep
after a few tuck-back-ins, young fellow then snuggled up next to Mommy
Mommy was snug and warm in PJS
a rice bag (a new favorite) was warmed and under my cold legs and feet
a thought provoking book was in hand

You can probably guess what happened next.
Yep, I fell asleep. So did he.

I will share about my day yesterday but another time.
In the mean time, a few of you have asked for the recipes for the meals that were swapped in my group this week. Here are the links. Hope you enjoy them.
Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
French's Tangy Ranch Chicken
Just click on the blue words and the recipes should appear!

And now for that book that I was reading last night. This is the sentence that caused me to think for awhile...

What if we viewed our hardships and challenges as OPPORTUNITIES to be the men or women God has created us to be?
-Pete Wilson Plan B

1 comment:

Kate P said...

Amy,
Kate Preston here, Colleen Utzig's cousin. I wanted to let you know how great the tangy chicken recipe is. I admit that ever since I was reading your entries on Caringbridge, I followed you onto Finding Sunshine. I enjoy reading your words. They are uplifting and touching and you need to know how inspiring you are to others. I made the easy recipe this weekend and my boyfriend and son, Shawn loved it. Thank you for sharing and for all the links that you share.
Kate Preston