Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Opportunity -Bible Verses

I chose some scripture verses from the bible to help me grow while concentrating on the word opportunity this year. These verses are the core of why I chose this word and will be my direction in how I focus on this word throughout the year. I plan to place them in my car, on the bathroom mirror, and in other places where I my attention is directed often throughout each day. I'll ellaborate more on these verses a little more later. I am tired. We are returning to our usual routine now that everyone is back to school and it is bathtime.

Galatians 6:10 (New International Version, ©2010)
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Ephesians 5:15-17 (New International Version, ©2010)

15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.


Colossians 4:5 (New International Version, ©2010)
5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity


Philippians 4:9-13 (New International Version, ©2010)
9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Thanks for Their Gifts
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Thanks for the feedback so far on this topic. I appreciate all of the positive reinforcement, I think that One Little Word is a great thing too! I love hearing about the different words that people have chosen and I look forward to the encouragement that comes from sharing with those near and dear to us areas where we would like to grow. May we hold each other up and nuture one another along the way!

No comments: