Saturday, January 15, 2011

William Arthur Ward

William Arthur Ward had this to say about Opportunity.

The adventure of life is to learn.
The purpose of life is to grow.
The nature of life is to overcome.
The essence of life is to care.
The opportunity of life is to serve.
The secret of life is to dare.
The spice of life is to befriend.
The beauty of life is to give.
The joy of life is to love.

I haven't meant to be away from here for so long...I have been busy (aren't we all?). Opportunity really has become part of my daily thoughts and I have settled into the word well. I do however think this word will be challenging for me at times but I think that is the purpose.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. I promise not to stay away for too long.

1 comment:

mamcf0371 said...

Amy,
I've been meaning to get back to you.... I have my word. It is CREATE! It bubbled to the surface for me and has stuck.

I am looking forward to the year in CREATING much in my life. The defination of create: To bring something into existence; give rise to something to make something happen; use imagination to invent or produce.

I have a lot of work to do, but it will all be good work, and I look forward to keeping this word CREATE at the forfront of my thoughts at all times. For me it seems to be a perfect fit for all that I want to accomplish for 2011.

Thanks for motivating so many to choose a word. I loved it last year, and look forward to it this year.

Michele